Liftmaster 3800 Jackshaft Garage Door Opener
Note: the 3800 series is being replaced by the 8500 LiftMaster Elite Series® Wall Mount Garage Door Opener
Do you have a special application that requires a unique garage door operator? T heElite Series Lift Master Jackshaft Opener may be just what you are looking for.
In my opinion, LiftMaster makes some of the highest quality garage door operators available. The Liftmaster 3800 Jackshaft Garage Door Opener is designed for any garage but is particulary useful for unique applications that don’t allow for a traditional overhaed garage door opener. Low clearance orcathedral ceilings are ideal installations for the Jackshaft operator. It mounts to the front wall of the garage and turns your torsion bar with ultra-quiet 24V DC motor performance requiring no rails or ceiling obstructions. You can use the space above your garage door for storage instead. A nice feature of the Jackshaft is the optional EverCharge battery backup system that reliably opens door even when the power goes out. Designed for residential sectional doors only, up to 14 feet high or 180 square feet.
Jackshaft Key Features Include:
- Remote Light – can be mounted on the ceiling anywhere in the garage.
- Power Lock – dead bolt lock is activated by the opener each time the door is opened or closed.
- Cable Tension Monitor -specially designed to monitor cable tension and help eliminate “cable throw”.
- Adaptive Force Setting – senses changes to the door and environment and automatically adjusts force to the perfect setting
- Patented Absolute Positioning Technology – new design allows the electronic limits to be extremely accurate, even after a power outage, or in new construction where power is removed for an extended period during the final construction phase.
- Push Button Limit Settings-Automatic Force Sensing – feature constantly monitors garage door system and adjusts forces to temperature fluctuations, floor height and door track movement.
- Powerful 24V DC Motor – provides slow start/slow stop for smooth operation.
- Jackshaft Package Jackshaft Cable Tensioner Power Deadbolt
Jackshaft Safety & Security Features:
• Power Lock – Once the garage door goes down, it’s securely locked with the power lock. Similar to a deadbolt, it ensures the door cannot be forced open.
• Includes The Protector System® – projects an invisible light beam across the garage door opening and automatically reverses the door if anything interrupts the beam while door is going down
• Sensing technology will stop the door from closing if contact is made with a person or object
• Security+® rolling code technology assures a new code is sent every time the remote control is used
• Opener light turns on automatically when The Protector System’s infared beam is broken
• Manual release handle in case of power failure
The Liftmaster 3800 Jackshaft opener is generally sold and installed by a Liftmaster dealer, however, I did find them available at Amazon.com with a great price and outstanding reviews. Although I personally have not installed a Liftmaster Jackshaft, the Amazon reviews show other homeowners didn’t encounter any real difficulty installing themselves.
LiftMaster also manufactures commercial Jackshaft units designed for several different applications from Rolling Grills and Shutters to large sectional doors. You can see the current line of Commercial Duty Liftmaster Jackshaft Operators here.
Click Here for the Liftmaster 3800 Jackshaft Garage Door Opener MANUAL
Videos of the LiftMaster Jackshaft
Jackshaft Liftmaster 3800 series Review
Liftmaster Jackshaft Installation Guide – Video
Links to Optional Accessories: